11.19.2010

Expired Drugs

Does anyone else think it's weird that I can't force myself to throw out my vials of Follistim, my fertility drugs, in the fridge? Seriously, I'm 38 weeks pregnant w/ our second child. Those drugs are dangerously expired. But there they sit, in their little navy blue zipper case next to my butter. I think it's a mix between how much each vial was ($500 to $1000 maybe?) and a reminder of how God has graciously blessed us w/ 2 children WITHOUT the use of those meds that made me almost certifiably crazy. It's a reminder of His goodness and His timing.

When Sam is throwing a fit, I think of how God feels w/ me...when I'm throwing a fit b/c I THINK I know what's best and what I need at this point in MY life, when really I have NO CLUE what the future holds. I won't give Sam more Benadryl because it tastes good or let him play w/ the sharp knife b/c it shimmers. Similarly, God said NO to kids for those painful years in our lives. But for some reason now He has said "Yes." And for that, I am forever grateful.

4 comments:

KMB said...

Any symbol of God's grace like that--I'd glue it shut and keep it forever. Thanks for sharing. I smile deeply whenever I see you guys--God is so good.

Cari Briscoe said...

Wow, just so you know I read this and I'll tell you one thing... (inside joke)... you have it more together than anyone I know, even when you don't think you have it together, you do. Don't let the the... "what if's, how will I..., what will happen when?, or anything else that pops in your head stress you out during this time. You are amazing and incredibly blessed.
I think when you told everyone the first time that you were like what 15 or 16 weeks when you found out you were pregnant it was a surprise, shock, and total WoW when everyone knew what a struggle that was and to be pregnant for so long without even knowing. Then so soon after Sam you were blessed again... everyone is estatic (how do you spell that word?), even though it may not be verbalized everyday. I cried when you told me, secretely via facebook. Hee hee. Everyone knew this would happen for you again and again, we had no doubts.

Sorry you are feeling lonely! Love You!!! -Cari

sara luke said...

I hear you.

http://lukecommasara.blogspot.com/2007/07/i-cleaned-out-refrigerator-tonight.html

Sarah said...

I understand having a hard time separating with the drugs....it's a reminder of your journey. And I'm SO happy that your journey has brought you to where you are NOW!

Btw, glad I'm not the only one who has a child who gets mad when I won't give any more meds "because they taste good"!!!!!