5.15.2010

Sick again, Childproofing, & Toys

Bummer. Sammy and I are both sicky. I swear I have a secret frustration with nurseries. My mom said that when we were little, no matter what, after being in the church nursery on Sunday, we'd ALL be sick by Tuesday. Like clockwork. Why is Mom always right? Sure enough, Tuesday morning Sam's nose was full of snot and he was a little feverish. I can tell I'm chilling out a little, because since Sam has had a few colds and ear infections and higher fevers, I remember what a high fever "felt" like on him. Somtimes, I admit, I just feel his head to see if he's feverish. I really probably should take his temperature, but I used to be obsessive about it and take his temp ALL the time. So anyway, I have taken his temp intermittently this week, but it's either a low grade fever or normal, and I know he has a cold like me. I'm not too worried. I just wish he felt better. Yesterday I had a can of Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup. He looked at me like, "You're NOT going to give me any of that?!" So I caved. I sat him on my lap and we shared the soup. His first soup experience. I'm sure it felt as good on his scratchy throat as it did mine. He loved the broth and carrots and noodles!
Sam is getting SO big. He's pulling himself up to standing now. Man, the childproofing just keeps evolving. I swear he has elasto-arms. His favorite thing to do is to pull all of my books off of my nightstand. He's also gaining mad climbing skills, as can pull himself to standing up against bathroom and kitchen cabinets and pull out the drawers on top. Stinker! More latches and locks. He's so silly. He always looks at me like, "Ummm...is THIS okay if I get in here?" I try not to say NO too much, but rather OFF or "Uh-uh-uh" with the teacher-look. The other day, he copied me and said, "Uh-uh-uh!" Funny boy.
PS- So he's totally grown out of his exersaucer. Apparently the big thing is THIS TOY now. I bought it new for almost $50. Killer. I barely spend that much on an outfit for myself. He likes it a little, but his favorite thing to play with? A sour cream container. Go figure. :)

4 comments:

sara luke said...

Jack LOVES that table. And pushing around his little walker (which you can get from Target for only $20). :)

sara luke said...

Oh, yep, I said Jack, but I definitely meant Ben. :)

Sarah said...

We have the Fisher-Price version of that table, and Ezra LOVES it! So funny....I also try to limit my use of the word "no", and try to make my point with other terms. Ezra's fav toy.....REAL car keys. In fact, we have to hide them from him, but inevitably, he sees them when we're unlocking the door or as I'm getting him into or out of the car, and he gets FURIOUS if I don't give them to him or if I take them away after he's grabbed them. I've had to create his own little "real" keychain with those keys they send on car dealership flyers.

Jill Gries said...

I sold my table like that at Bigwheels to Butteflies. Grant didn't seem to play with it much. I am glad he likes it.I still obsess over their fevers too. He is so cute and I can't believe he is almost 1!