Oh my goodness...it's crazy to think that one year ago TODAY I was getting induced. I remember my family was grilling out for dinner before I went to the hospital. I'm a nervous eater, so I ate 3 brats before I went. :)
It's crazy...I really feel like I've known Sam longer than a year. He's just a part of our life now. His laugh, his cry, his smile, his silly toothy grin, how he crawls up to me in the middle of playing for a quick "snuggle" and then returns to his play-time...it's all so precious.
Samuel...we love you so much!
Saturday morning we had a birthday party for Sam. We had brunch & dessert. I made two giant egg casseroles, fresh fruit, crescent rolls, mokney bread, and cupcakes. I also made fun favors w/ an "S" on each bag for Sam. For the guest book, friends and family put their fingerprints on this "tree" and I will frame it in Sam's room to remember his special day. I also made an imovie w/ photos of Sam throughout his first year. I always thought I'd never be one of "those mom's" who goes overboard for birthday parties...well, it's my first child. First party. It just kinda snowballed...:)
He received lots of fun, thoughtful gifts. We are so blessed to have such supportive friends and family who love Sam! I know he enjoyed his day! (His official birthday is tomorrow...we're going to the zoo and to Cupcake Island for a cupcake. :) After Mommy is done teaching piano lessons, we'll have a special dinner and blow at another candle w/ Daddy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment