4.09.2010

A Grain of Rice

Well, I had the ultra sound this afternoon. I actually sometimes "forget" I'm pregnant b/c I'm running around taking care of Sam or catching up on life. Anyway, I picked up my mom and met Jason at the dr. (He started a new job this week so I was SO thankful he was able to be there!!!) The tech asked when my last cycle was...uh...November? I told her I really don't get periods so that's why I was there. I said I thought I was about 6 weeks though. She had me hold my breath. She said since the baby is literally half the size of one grain of rice that it's hard to measure how big he/she is with me breathing in and out. We also SAW the heartbeat! How can something so small have a heartbeat? How can people think there isn't a God and life hasn't begun in this little one's life? It was amazing. It was also neat to have Sam there. Jason was holding him on his lap and when the tech said, "There's the baby!" Sam went, "Dad! Dad! Dad!" So. 6 weeks along. Due December 3rd. I'm still not posting these online yet...I'll wait till I'm in the "safe" zone...but I don't want to hold my breath through the next 6 weeks hoping that everything will be okay. I am simply going to trust God for my health and the health of this little one and rejoice that we're having another baby.
After the appointment, my mom had to meet my dad and Jason went back to work for a bit, so it was just Sam and me. We sat on the patio together and I gave him a bottle. I said, "Samuel, even though another little person will be here in a few months, you'll always be my sweet little Sam. And I'll still make time with just you and me. Promise." He looked up at me and sighed, still slurping his bottle down, then both of us watched the wind blow through the pine trees. It was such a special moment I never want to forget that. What a sweet pea. And a sweet grain of rice, too.

No comments: