2.20.2010

Just a good day.

Today was, well, just a good day. I slept great last night, and Sam my alarm clock wakes me up between 6:30 & 7:00 AM, so I was up for the day! I did my morning routine of giving Sam a bottle in front of our glass patio door that looks onto our snowy deck, and then fed him a little rice cereal. (I am sipping strong coffee by then...thank you, automatic coffeemaker!) Then I went to my FAVORITE kickboxing class at the gym...this gal teaches it who is AMAZING! She is older (40's? 50's?) and can run circles around all of those 20-somethings! It's my favorite workout of the week, b/c it is serious cardio.
I came back to Sam ALMOST crawling (you'll get there, buddy!). I usually go to the grocery store by myself on the weekends b/c it takes such LESS time w/o baby and I get a little me-time. But Sam was having such a great day, had a good nap and bottle, and I didn't have much to get, so I asked Jason if he wanted to come with me. We all loaded up and Sam rode in the grocery cart for the very first time! Usually I take the stroller b/c it forces me to limit my spending :) (How much food can I pile on my child in the stroller w/o getting questioned? :) ) and Sam still leans over to the side a little, so we just propped up blankets on either side of him. He had a ball. Of course Costco is the epitome of consumerism and largeness, so he really enjoyed checking out those crazies with carts full of crap. (We had blue corn chips, organic eggs, & milk...not that I haven't bought crap there before!) :) Then we went to Hy-Vee. He was doing so great we even went to Red Zone, our favorite local BBQ place the he watched basketball on the big screen the entire time. We rented Duplicity at redbox...which was a great movie! Julia is looking a little older and obviously had twins...it was refreshing to see a beautiful American actress with a little pudge. :) Sam took a nap for part of the movie, and then we had to entertain him/"read" to him to make it through the rest of the movie. He's down now...once he's down for the night, I feel like that's when "work" begins...loading the dishwasher, laundry catch up, straightening the house to face tomorrow, prepping the coffee pot (see above :) ). But it's great. I'm so very thankful for my husband who folds 2 loads of laundry w/o me asking him, rubs my feet while I give Sam a bottle, and puts sea salt AND cracker pepper on my eggs b/c he knows that's how I like them.
And tomorrow morning, Lord-willing, I'll be sitting w/ Sam looking out on our snowy deck, snuggling him, and again hoping to have...just a good day.

No comments: