3.01.2010

March 1st

Wow. Is it really March? Oh man. Today is the day I'd usually be explaining to 2nd graders what "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" means and introducing the song, "Let's Wear Green & Dance a Jig." But nope. I'm home with my little guy...wouldn't have it any other way! Major things that have happened recently:

*Sam was HEALTHY...for awhile. He's been battling diarrhea for six days now. Which led to a monster diaper rash. The good news? Mommy gets a break from cloth diapers for awhile. The bad news? We have a zillion poopy diapers piled up in the garage b/c we're out of trash sacks. And my little guy STILL isn't himself. Fussing through the night, a BM after every bottle, etc. Poor guy. I just wish he was 100% so he could ENJOY today. :( I swear it's the nursery's fault. The nurse said the city is getting hit hard w/ gastroenteritis. Apparently so. :(

*I got my hair CHOPPED! I often wear it short in the spring, but it feels great. Even though there's still lots of snow on the ground, I needed a change. It's short and funky and I love it. It also takes 2.5 seconds to dry and flat iron. Yahoo!

*We got a fat tax refund. I don't know how that happened. I believe it had something to do w/ the chunk of change we spent on our furnace/heat pump last fall and having a baby in 2009. Of course it's all going into savings, but it was great to get a refund!

*I just ate a whole sleeve of Thin Mints. And then some. How does that happen? I was doing great today...had a great workout, breakfast of organic eggs & pepper jack cheese, peanuts for a snack, water & coffee, and an organic bean & cheese burrito w/ salsa...and then the glimmering green box looked at me w/ those cute care-free kiddos on the front. Good-bye self-control, hello bellyache. Well, tomorrow is a new day. Maybe I could sell these boxes on the black market for double the price. Any takers? :)

*This weekend I'm going to women's retreat & Jason is staying w/ Sam. Yikes. I'm sure everything will be fine. At least this is the mantra I'll be repeating to myself while I'm gone. Then, when I return, Jason & I are going on a date! Dinner in the Old Market & then the NORAH JONES CONCERT! Can you tell I'm a bit excited about this? The days can get long while Sam is so fussy and I become exhausted by the evening, up through the night, and then repeat. So to have something to look forward to is EXCITING! Hopefully everyone is healthy and we can all enjoy the weekend!

*Sam is 9 MONTHS OLD TODAY!!! How is that true?!? He is so very wonderful. He is ALMOST crawling. We call him "Rock-N-Roll Sam" or "Mission Impossible" b/c he will look at something across the room, and twist, turn, and roll the exact amount of times he needs to get there, and now he's crawling with only 3 appendages and on his belly...so more of a "creep." He seems to forget about his left arm. But man, can he get around and pivot. It's making me realize what needs to be child-proofed! I can barely keep up w/ him!

No comments: