-vacuumed the house
-dusted each room
-swept the porch
-swept & washed the kitchen floor & entry way
-washed & folded 5 loads of laundry, + 2 sets of bedding
-scrubbed toilets, washed bathroom floors & tub
-made dinner
-unloaded dishwasher, reloaded
-read books to Sam & played & fed & changed him :)
-worked out AND got a shower in!
-answered a bunch of emails
-cut & freshened up roses from Valentine's Day
-posted pics on Facebook
-rearranged furniture in Sam's room
-took out trash & washed trash cans
-opened new bottles of supplements & filled up my pill boxes (yeah, herbs!)
-stored parts of pack-and-play not used anymore
Yikes. That sounds like I'm crazy. I don't know why, I just had a bunch of energy yesterday. (Plus I was up at 4:30 AM) And last night I slept like a ROCK! I haven't slept like that in weeks...I hurt from head to toe! I felt like I ran a marathon!
The day before I went through Sam's closet...man, are baby clothes a TASK!!! If they literally grow out of their wardrobe every 3 months, how do you have room to store this? And lots of clothes vary between what the sizes say, and what brand they are...some clothes almost fit...a little too big or a little too small...and I got a BUNCH of new clothes from a craigslist gal and MOPS Swap (where we swapped clothes and other items at MOPS). I had to get them hung up...because if Jason had to quickly get Sam ready he ALWAYS was in something that didn't fit. I thought, I have to organize that closet!!!
Anyway, it's been crazy trying to balance life...quiet time, working out, eating right/cooking/shopping, playing w/ Sam, cleaning, being a good wife, balancing the checkbook, church, small group, MOPS, piano lessons, family time, alone time, reading a book (Ha!), time w/ friends, etc.etc.etc. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning...how can that be when I'm "just" a stay-at-home mom? Perhaps my expectations of myself are too high?
But the days I'm still in my pajamas at 3 PM (like today) are totally worth it. I just can't let that go on too long, because then there's no milk or bread, Jason needs clean underwear, and we're racing to Target to get more formula because Sam is hungry or we're he's wearing the last diaper. Anyone else struggle w/ the balance? Sometimes I think if I grounded myself from facebook and blogging this wouldn't be an issue. :)
3 comments:
I think everyone struggles with balance-- if they say they don't, then they're imbalanced and don't realize it! As a side note-- I did give up Facebook for Lent =)
Diddo. no, Seriously. I do the same thing. One week I'll do a load of laundry every single day and really stay on top of it....but let the dishes go. The next week, I'll keep up with the dishes every single night, but not do a single load of laundry, and wind up with about 8 loads to do on the weekend. I totally do "binge cleaning" where I'll neglect the house for weeks at a time and then all of the sudden, clean everything in one day. I'm constantly removing clothes from Ezra's closet and packing them up, and constantly removing tags and washing the new sizes, only to find I should have had him wearing them a month ago! (And yes, if we don't clear out the closet regularly, the dad's DO put on the wrong stuff!) So funny, I feel like we're living the same life!
I am always struggling with this! It is so hard for me to feel like I can get everything done and keep up. I think I would love another baby but I can barely keep up with my 2 kiddos now and working. I try to always do my dishes every night and alternate weekends on cleaning so I don't have to do it all on Sat. Awesome that you got all those clothes for Sam. i need to look at Craigs list. You are doing an awesome job as a mommy!
Post a Comment