12.23.2009

Stir Crazy.

Well, the forecast entails freezing rain today and lotsa snow tomorrow and Saturday. Have yourself a merry little Christmas! Sam and I are getting a little weary...so I busted out a new toy. My friend Stacie got him this darling circus train from Fisher Price. It moves on its own with pleasant (volume-controlled!) music. I flipped the switch, excited to see his reaction, and he scrunched up his face in disgust. Apparently Sam isn't a big fan of Fisher Price animals. And I'm not sure I am either. Don't get me wrong, it's a really cute toy. But the packaging? My word! These toys are cemented into their boxes! It took a pair of scissors, a screwdriver, and a heck of a lot of fine-motor skills to untie the numerous twisty-ties attaching the train to the box. Really? Why is this...are the Fisher Price people that fearful of someone taking the toy from the box at Target? If a kiddo wants it that badly, give it to him! Simplify the toy-packaging, people!

Last night I decided to make a delicious lasagna with an organic spinach salad. I thought to myself: Since we'll be snowed in for a few days, I'll make a big lasagna to nibble on throughout the days! I don't know what I was thinking! We have a giant 9x13 pan in our fridge w/ lasagna! I've already had some for lunch and I'm lasagna-ed out. I usually make two 8x8 pans and freeze one. I think I'll heap the other half into a pan and pop it in the freezer. Nothing is worse than overdosing on Italian food. Mexican food, however, is another story...

Things I could be doing today:
-writing a Christmas letter to send out in our Happy New Year cards
-make beds & fold laundry
-clean out the storage area & sweep, mop, & Clorox the floor
-make Oreo truffles & chocolate chip cookies

What I'm going to do:
-Take a long hot shower, sit in the tub, & read my new issue of Good Housekeeping...ironic, eh?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooooh, totally what I'm thinking about doing too!! :)

Kevin just took Ezra to see one of his friends out of town, so I know I have at least a couple (few?) hours on my own. What I DESPERATELY need to do is clean my kitchen, dining room, and living room, and continue working on laundry. What I really WANT to do (and am seriously contemplating) is taking a long, hot bath with some new bath salts from "Lush" that one of my students gave me for Christmas!

Maybe I'll try to accomplish SOME of my tasks and reward myself with the bath. I'd better work fast then before my boys get back home!!

Have a great first Christmas with that sweet baby boy!!! :)