I always forget how excited I get about Christmas...until I face the crowds. It seems when I began a shopping endeavor, I am determined to smile and be patient and let others go ahead of me in the parking lots and store aisles. Today, I was there. I was excited, crooning Christmas tunes. Jason was watching Sam while I ran to Costco and Hy-Vee. I went into Costco and there were so many carts I could hardly move. I needed to get some roma tomatoes for homemade salsa, and this guy wouldn't let me go by. He was holding a bottle of wine and just looked at me. I kinda smiled, but he still wouldn't budge. Then he did the heavy sigh and dramatically moved. Really??? I'm sorry you had to move 10 inches, sir. I just wanted my produce. I'm just sayin'.
Needless to say, the Christmas spirit dwindled as I threw items in the cart. Not only is this week Christmas, but we're also expecting a blizzard. People had to finish Christmas shopping, baking, cooking, and get basic groceries...at least I had to do that today! I returned home after getting food and wrapping paper from 3 different stores and a car wash...and collapsed on the couch.
The good news? I woke up to a kiss from Sam. Well, it was Jason holding Sam against my face and his slobbery mouth was wide open, but a kiss nonetheless. And then everything was okay. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
1 comment:
Isn't it funny how all of the sudden a wide open mouth against yours with slobber coming out of it and getting all over you is NOT disgusting??? In fact, we LOVE it??!?!?! :) It's those tiny little paws that grab your cheeks at the same time that REALLY make my heart melt!
Post a Comment