12.18.2009

I'm still here.

Wow...the last time I blogged Sam was 2 months. Now he's 6 1/2 months. At the rate I'm going, maybe you'll get a few more posts before he's taking his ACT's.

Things are going...well, remarkably well. Sam had a bout with influenza, possibly swine flu, a couple months ago. It was HORRIBLE. He had a sinus infection after that and just wasn't himself. But now he's happy and healthy. And hilarious. He belly laughs and does this face where he scrunches up every muscle in his face and closes his eyes. Trust me. It's amusing.

Last week I was snowed in, and Sam was teething. That was not too fun. He just screamed and screamed. I felt bad for the little guy. We took walks around the living room in his stroller, which helped a bit. He really enjoyed looking at the snow falling and people attempting to dig themselves out of their driveways. Since we're at the top of our circle, you get quite the bird's eye view.

Next week will be Sam's first Christmas. A few things have solidified that I am truly now a mother. There's an actual person who I am responsible for. I bought Sam a stocking. And I thought..."Well, if we have more kids, I need to buy more stockings." Or beds. Or clothes. It's just crazy how tangible it is that we have another BODY in this house! He's an actual little person with thoughts and feelings and his own distinct personality.

Sam's grin is so darn cute now that he has two bottom teeth. It's a different face! And we bought an AMAZING Cuisinart Food Processor that I love...to make baby food! So far I've pureed carrots and green beans, and Sam has eaten both. I've been dragging my feet on solid foods, but the doctor kept pushing me to get on it...otherwise he'd get some food aversions. A Wehner? Food aversion? I highly doubt it. Anyway, Sam's menu choices as of now are: rice cereal, bottles, carrots & green beans. Ahhh, the life of a baby.


We did go to Phoenix in November. I remember Jason telling me he bought tickets to visit Jill, Rob, and Ethan. This is when Sam was quite colicky and would cry unconsolably for hours. I thought, "Really?! Phoenix? A plane ride with our little guy? Oh boy." But he surprised us! Sam did amazingly well on the flight and didn't make a peep. He sat on Dad's lap most of the time and read books, ate, and slept. We had quite a tough landing, bumpier than usual, and he laughed. Really. He just giggled. It was so sweet. When we landed in Phoenix, his stroller was ready to go outside of the gate. He was so slap happy, he just squealed and squealed. It was so precious. We didn't sleep much in Phoenix. He slept in the pack and play in the same bedroom, and I know he knew he wasn't home. It was tough, because then we were also not sleeping. It actually took a few weeks to recuperate from the trip, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It was so fun to snuggle with Ethan and do some great shopping and spend time with family. My parents came too. I feel like I bonded more with Ethan. The best? Ethan making sweet animal noises until you asked what a duck says, and he does this freaky demonic sounding duck, "QUACK! QUACK!" It was hilarious.


They will be in for Christmas next week. Lynn is also coming in from Portland. It will be so fun to have all of my siblings together. I was not a big fan of Thanksgiving this year...I was the only sibling in Omaha. It was kinda lonely. :( So this should be fun.

Wow...I asked for decaf tonight at the restaurant, Stokes, with my chocolate flourless cake, but I think it was industrial strength coffee, because I could continue to ramble about many things right now! Maybe next time I'll rant about the amazing Biggest Loser DVD workout I've been doing or the awesome lemon bars I made while being snowed in...but I think I'll close for now. I'm gonna go check on Sammy. I heard Dad read "Pajama Time" to him. It melts my heart to hear Jason read to Sam. There's something about it....

Good night. It's Pajama Time.

2 comments:

sara luke said...

Hooray for a post!

First of all, we have the same car seat.

Secondly, I commend you for waiting to give him solids. It seems like there's this huge push from everyone to start solids so early. We started Jack a little before 5 months and will definitely wait a little longer with ben.

Anonymous said...

Love to see that you're up and running again! I'll be checking in regularly =) Merry Christmas!