He's also been REALLY into colors lately. When Aunt Lynn was here, she taught him blue. Now he can identify green, blue, yellow (his favorite: "Ye-yow!"), and purple. For some reason, he pauses and can't say "red." I even tried "wed" but he still look puzzled. Oh well. It's fun driving down the tree-lined streets as the yellow leaves are falling and Sam shouts, "Ye-yow! Ye-yow!"
Today was a near-perfect day. I was in the pool by 5:25 AM. (That sounds contradictory, doesn't it?) But it felt good to move and swim. To have a workout and a shower in BEFORE Sam gets up is rare and a blessing. When I got home, Jason went to the gym. Before work, he actually got a hot breakfast of muffins, fruit, and eggs. (Sorry...some mornings I'm not even UP before he goes to work. I LOVE the SAHM thing :) ). I made a couple batches of muffins (almond poppyseed & blueberry) to bring to my dad and brother's offices (they work in the same building). It was fun to stop by and see them. Then I brought a few muffins over to my grandparents and spent time w/ them. Sam and I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. We played outside for a bit. He LOVES being outside, playing in the crunchy leaves, picking up rocks, and running into our neighbors' yard that's filled w/ dog poop. Ew. We're working on boundaries there. Now he shouts, "No, no, no, Bob!" (It's Bob's yard).
A couple of our friends both had babies in the last month, so I made them some meals: spaghetti bake w/ salad & homemade apple crisp (from the apple orchard we visited on Saturday), and pot roast, carrots, potatoes, breadsticks, and Oreo dessert cupcakes. After the meals were delivered, I made supper for tonight: upside down pizza, salad, and breadsticks. Once I'd cleaned up the kitchen, I realized how much food I'd prepared today! Crazy! (considering some days consist of PBJ or eating out for every meal). NOTE: I'm NOT writing this to say, "Look what I did!" I realized I genuinely enjoy cooking meals and food for other people to bless them. Especially new moms. I remember those first few blurry weeks of having Sam. I was so sleep-deprived that cooking a meal sounded AWFUL to me. Anyway, who knows if the food even turned out okay. But I sure had fun making it. :)
While I was cleaning up the kitchen, Jason gave Sam his usual evening bath. I LOVE when he brings Sam down to me, wrapped in his hooded towel, and Sam's face is still covered w/ water drops. He just grins from ear-to-ear, almost glowing and saying, "I just PARTIED w/ Dad in the tub!" :) After Daddy put on Sam's jammies brushed his teeth, Jason was in the living room w/ Sam and said, "Honey, wanna see something cute?" He had all of the lights out, Sam was laying on his tummy, and the blinds were open. The moonlight shined into the room. Sam was saying, "Mooo! Tinkle, tinkle..." (sway, sway) It was so sweet. I never want to forget that moment as long as I live.
1 comment:
i believe in "magical days" when we live out of our best intentions and from our heart. i think this i a record of a magical day.
love-cuz mikayla
Post a Comment