Sam is getting to be SUCH a big boy. I can't believe it. Every day he literally looks older and more grown up. Is this how being a parent is? There are some really cute things he's been doing lately:
*First thing in the morning, he has two questions. Before even being picked up out of his crib: "Dada? Cheese?" He LOVES his daddy and his dairy products.
*He's really into the moon and stars right now. Every time he sees the moon, or a picture of the moon, he says, "Moooooo!" (sometimes an "n" is thrown onto the end) At night if we have all gone out to dinner or to Gammy's, we come home, and Jason always takes Sam out of his car seat and out into the driveway before we go inside to look at the sky. It's so sweet, b/c that's what we always did after our dates. Sam points to the stars and then moon, back and forth, and says, "Tickle, tickle," and sways, wanting us to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."
*His fascination w/ the moon has carried onto indoor lights. There's a round light in our bathroom. For some reason he got scared of it one day, and I told him it was just the light. That it was even shaped like the moon. Now he thinks that light IS the moon. Oops.
*Walking backwards. He thinks this is hilarious. We do too.
*Mimicking words. Granted, it's still "baby talk," but he's getting some of the sounds down. For thank you, he says, "Tank-ooo," "Boo" is blue, "pa-pa" is purple, etc. He loves saying "Bowl" for his bowl, but he also thinks spoons are bowls. Still have some work to do. :) "Ho-ho-ho" is Grandpa Ed because of Grandpa's laugh, and "Ninn" is Aunt Lynn. "A-oh" is apple, and when he says, "Uh-oh" there is a LONG pause in between. "Uh..........oh." Like he's thinking if it really qualified as an "uh-oh" moment or not. He loves yelling "WOW!" or "Whoah!" especially at my rhinestone earrings and turning on lights.
*He blows kisses, gives kisses, hugs, and LOVES to look at photos.
* He loves making animal noises for dog, cat, lion, monkey, duck, horse, bird, and cow. For a squirrel he puts his front teeth like he's chewing wood. He thinks a giraffe makes a horse sound. What do you do w/ that one? His cat sounds really pathetic.
*He's a big boy wearing REAL shoes now. I didn't really have him wear them this summer b/c he wasn't walking, it was so hot out, and I only put on his sandals if he was going into the church nursery. Now he has brown fall shoes and white tennies. He is SO proud of these. He likes to undo the velcro (ugh) but is re-learning to walk in them. Praise the Lord he's walking! Mommy is almost 8 months pregnant, and carrying around my 26-pounder of a child gets a little tough!
It's crazy that my little sweet pea (baby #2) will be here before you know it. 10 weeks or less, to be exact. I feel conflicted b/c most blogs, thoughts, etc., have been about Sam. I honestly haven't had time to sit and dream and think about a "new baby" like I did w/ Sam. So once in awhile I'll watch a video on where she's at developmentally at this or that week, or splurge and read a couple of articles in a pregnancy magazine while soaking in the tub. I still need to get the rooms in order. I'm trying to switch rooms around, and closets, clothes, paint, etc. etc.etc. That's a project in itself! Especially if Sam is around and I nap when he does! I'm sure if it gets done, great. If not, that's okay too. The adoption agency always told us to only have a car seat. When we got "the call" for a baby, we would run to Wal-Mart for diapers, bottles, and onesies. So I can always run to Wal-Mart, right? :)
I guess I'm also focusing on Sam right now, because this is it. This will be my ONLY time when it's just Daddy, Mommy, and Sam. Life is pretty simple w/ one baby. But he gets all of the attention. I can hold him and snuggle him through the day and not be needed anywhere else. It's so wonderful. And having another baby will be wonderful, too. Just different. I am a little uneasy about "sharing" the love, attention, etc., especially b/c Sam still IS a baby. Only 15 months. :( So I'm praying for wisdom, strength, patience, peace, and rest, after the little one arrives. And I know God is faithful and can provide all of those things.
PS- Random side note: I told myself if I "passed" the gestational diabetes test, I'd buy myself the large tub of chocolate-dipped biscotti at Costco. I've been looking at them for months. But I usually try to just buy necessities there (eggs, milk, diapers, etc.) Guess what I dipped in my coffee this morning? Mmmm.... :) Totally worth $9.47.
No comments:
Post a Comment