I was a little nervous about today. The doctor said today I needed to wean Sam off the Tylenol and Motrin to see if the antibiotics are really working. I can tell he's still not 100%, but I think the meds are working. Poor baby. And no one gave me the memo on Amoxycillin-diapers. Yikes. Needless to say, I've been using disposable diapers since we haven't been sleeping and Sam's been sick. It's making life a little easier.
No one also told me how hard it would be to take care of your sick baby when you're sick yourself. I am so thankful for Jason and how hard he works, but I admit...when I heard him leave this AM, I just groaned. When I'm sick, I can't really be "on." I don't feel like dancing around, singing, carrying Sam, etc.etc. And when I do try to sing, my voice is so scratchy, low, and non-existent that Sam looks at me like, "Eeesh...Mom, really, you don't have to sing." Anyway, I know I have it pretty easy...I have ONE baby. So when he sleeps, I run and leap into bed so I can sleep too. I can't imagine having other toddlers at my feet. But this is certainly a different time in my life. If I was teaching, I would've taken a day "off." A sick day. But I've realized that there are no "sick days" as a stay-at-home mom. You just need to buck up and take care of your kids. Don't get me wrong, I am FOREVER THANKFUL for this little guy...I am just under the weather and exhausted and wishing we ALL felt better.
We've also gotten a TON of snow. It's so crazy outside, with drifting snow, and tomorrow the high is -4. The HIGH is -4. Needless to say, Sam and I will be hibernating inside. He's napping now, so I think I'll go run to bed. With a hot pack. Oh baby, oh baby.
1 comment:
That was a big surprise to me too....the no sick mommy days. Hope you feel better soon! Rachel
Post a Comment