Let's see...I haven't blogged in awhile. Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads this, but Casie assured me she does, so Casie...this is for you. ;) These will be random thoughts about what's going on in my life!
Last Friday night was SO fun. I have kept in touch w/ different people from high school on facebook, and I finally got weary of the computer relationship. I thought, These people live in Omaha...why don't I get us together for a dinner? So I did. It was great! Funny, because I hung out with such random people in high school (cheerleaders, music people, jocks, etc.) so alot of them really didn't hang out together in high school...but I think it went really well and everyone just chatted and hung out. When you're in your 30's, it doesn't really matter anymore. It was interesting, one gal I considered "popular" said she went to the last high school reunion, and the click was there partying, and she thought That's great if your life peaked in high school and that was it, but that wasn't me. I really was sad in high school and went from group to group, and I now feel life has gotten better and better. Huh. Anyway, I went all out and rented linens and bought flowers and chocolates and candles...I just wanted it to be special. I think the women who went were really encouraged and alot of them said they want to get together every other month. Many said they didn't have women in Omaha anymore to connect with and they never "go out" anymore, and it just felt good to be out. I'm glad they were encouraged...that was my goal!
And little Sam. Oh his poor little ears. Here I thought he was all better, and we went back to the dr. for a re-check on his ears and he still has an ear infection. He was put on a harder anti-biotic, which has torn up his little tummy. The dr. said that if the infection is still there in a couple weeks, the next step is a set of 3 anti-biotic shots, and then off to the ENT. UGH. I know what that means...possible tubes in his ears. I know my chiropractor would freak out and just want to adjust him and things would be all better, but I'm a little nervous about having my almost 8-month old adjusted. Yikes. Anyway, I pray he gets better soon. I had tubes in my ears, and I can't think of putting my baby under general anestesia.
He's still fussing a little at night, but is usually sleeping his 10-hour stretch. He went to bed after 9 last night (later than usual!) and was bright-eyed at 4:45AM! What was that all about? I read him books, because I didn't think he was hungry...just ready to play. So I changed him, and thought he'd fall asleep after awhile, but sure enough he began to gnaw on his hand and was hungry. He fell asleep during a bottle and slept from about 5:30-7:00. Weird. Just when you think you have a schedule...
And this weekend I'm leaving him!!! I know so many people have an opinion about this, but I really feel comfortable with it. It's for a small-group leader retreat, and both Jason and I are going. My mom and dad will be staying with him from about noon on Sat. to noon on Sun. I'm SO nervous, because I haven't left him longer than 3-5 hours at a time, but I'm sure he'll be fine. It's in Fremont, so it's not like I'm going to San Diego. I still told my mom if she needs me AT ALL I'll be home in 20 minutes. It will be hard, but I also think it's healthy. I know some women who say they've NEVER been away from their babies in a year. Really? A year? Not even to the mall or the gym or the store? I think that's unhealthy. Anyway, as a stay-at-home mom, I certainly understand the need to get out, refresh your mind and spirit, and build your marriage. So we'll see how it goes. I know I'll be calling and texting frequently.
Random note: Haven't worked out this week. I did 3x last week, but I just am TIRED. And lazy. Unfortunately, when I don't exercise, I eat like crap. Seriously. I had 6 cups of strong coffee this morning with 6 Fudge-striped cookies. Wow. It's not like I don't know how to eat well. I know I should've had egg whites and avacadoes and fresh fruit, but I didn't. I just didn't feel like it. So here I am with a belly ache and jittery from sugar and caffeine, but oh well. I need to hop in the shower while Sam's down. I also have a chiropractor appt. at noon. I've been SO SORE this week, and I'm sure it goes with the no-exercise-or-stretching routine I've been pulling this week. Back to the grindstone next week.
Also...those hoarder shows are freaking me out. What if I died and people came to my house to go through my stuff? I got nervous and started organizing and cleaning. Plus I needed to bury out my guest room since my parents will be here this weekend. It was filled with boxes of drugs. Yes, drugs. We literally had over $2,000 left in our payflex account that we needed to spend. And spend we did. We shopped and shopped on drugstore.com in December, and now have TUBS of Pepto, Tums, Benadryl, band-aids (Spiderman and Batman for Sam), Children's Tylenol, etc.etc.etc. It's actually kind of humorous. At least we won't have to go to Walgreen's...ever again. So I got inspired and organized the linen closet, the entry way closet, the guest room closet, and the basement storage. Now I need to face my bedroom closet...oh, the clothes I need to purge. I heard you wear only 20% of your wardrobe. I totally believe that. Goodwill, here I come...
Okay, there are my random thoughts. Mini-high-school reunion, Sam's ears, retreat, and lack of fitness, anti-hoarding. Life is good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment