Today the doctor said that I'm still dilated less than one, and she doesn't want me to go past my due date because she can tell "This is not going to be a petite child." Ouch. So I go in Sunday night at 5:00 to have a pill inserted (ew), have some dinner, and try and sleep through the night at the hospital because "Monday will be a long day." If things still haven't progressed, she wants to start Pitocin that morning. Monday, June 1st.
Yikes...after wanting a baby for so long, now it's really here. Both Jason and I often look at each other these days going, "This is it! This is really happening to us!" It's been so fun to watch him get excited about our son. He'll often just hold my tummy, or talk to him, or poke my tummy right before we go to bed, which gets our little guy all excited and then he's awake for awhile, twisting, turning, and jumping. Jason laughs.
Part of me wants to enjoy this one week "off" from school to rest and finish up last-minute details to prepare for our baby. But how ready can I really be? We are fully aware this kiddo is going to rock our world. Sleepless nights, crying fits (of baby and mom), and attempting cloth diapers. But it's all so worth it. At night, I often lay awake staring at the empty pack-and-play that our little guy will be sleeping in within days...I just say, "I can't WAIT to meet you! I love you so much and I haven't even met you yet!" We are so ecstatic to meet our mircale. Our answered prayer.
1 comment:
Don't feel bad....I had someone tell me I looked like I was carrying TWINS when I was just around 26 weeks-ish!!! Anyway, hope all goes well Sunday night and Monday! Can't wait to hear about his arrival and SEE PICTURES!!!! :)
Post a Comment